04. December. 2011
Kasuri Gobhi Recipe
Hello Beauties, I am a foodie person and I love to eat all kind of food. When we shifted from India to Holland we didn’t know that there is big vegetable market here where you get all kind of veggies which you get in India. The result of this ignorance – for almost 6 months we ate only potato, cabbage, cauliflower and spinach. To create tasty food and bring more variety on dinner table from these limited options I had to be more creative with my cooking skill. Today I am going to share one such recipe which I love to prepare and it is called “Kasuri gobhi”. I first took the recipe from one website, but I made my own variations over the time.
So let’s take it step by step-
For marination you need-
1 medium cauliflower
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1tsp green cardamom power
1tsp cinnamon power
1tsp nutmeg powder
1tbs dried fenugreek leaves
For Gravy you need-
1 black cardamom
1 bay leaf
2 chopped Onion 1 inch piece chopped ginger
2 green chillies past
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
3 chopped tomato
2 tblsp fresh coriander chopped
How to make gobhi kastoori:
- Break the cauliflower into medium-sized florets along with a little stalk. Wash well. Drain out the water well.
- Beat curd in a bowl. Add salt, red chilli powder and green cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder and dried fenugreek leaves.Add cauliflower to the curd. Mix well and keep aside to marinate.
- Heat the ghee in a wok. Reduce flame and add clove, bay leaf, black cardamom, mace. Stir for a minute.
- Add onions and cook till they turn golden brown. Add ginger and green chilli past. Add coriander, red chilli powder and turmeric. Stir.
- Add tomatoes and cook till the gravy leaves the ghee.
- Now remove the cauliflower pieces from the curd and keep aside.Add the curd gradually to the gravy and cook till the gravy turns a little dry.
- Now add the cauliflower pieces and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Then cover and cook on a low flame till the vegetable is just done. Do not overcook the cauliflower.