16. April. 2012
MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Due to my eye infection I can’t work on laptop, and watch television. To me, it feels like days are passing without friends, and I am feeling so low. Above all I can’t do makeup, I miss my eye shadows, eyeliner, khol and many more. The only makeup products I am using these days while going out for a walk is “MAC Studio Fix powder foundation” and Lipsticks.
MAC says- A one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and longtime favorites of M∙A∙C fans.
My Thoughts- I have used so many powder foundations which give medium coverage but every time I come back to MAC Studio Fix powder foundation and the reasons are-
- It doesn’t clogs my pores and break them out
- Gives medium coverage and even out the skin the skin tone
- Blends easily and doesn’t look cakey at all.
- It does soak the greasiness of my skin for 3-4 hrs.
- Can be used on the top of low to medium coverage foundation to increase the coverage.
- C4 is the perfect shade for NC 37 skin tone
- Has yellow undertone , so suitable for 80% of makeup lovers
It comes with the sponge applicator, which is good in quality but I like to use it with kabuki brush for more natural look. Sponge picks too much of product and socks your skin oil which changes your powder texture and the top layer of powder becomes harder and you have to sketch it whenever you use afterwards.
I have no issues with this foundation but I don’t agree with MAC’s words-
- It doesn’t provide full coverage I have tested it with sponge, kabuki, power brush but I haven’t get full coverage.
- I haven’t noticed the long wearing property. It does stay for good 4-5 max on my combination skin but not longer than that. For me long wearing property means 8-10hrs.
I did say that this is my favorite powder foundation because I haven’t found something better than this as most of the medium coverage powder foundation break me out and doesn’t match my skin tone perfectly.
Here I have MAC studio Fix Powder foundation on-
Which powder foundation you use?
Your beautyfreak buddy. Nidhi